aceartinc aims to exhibit 4 – 5 major exhibitions a year by contemporary visual artists from across the world. To this end, we encourage applications from all contemporary artists and curators, groups and collectives in all visual art mediums. For the 2023/2024 programming year, we are invested in providing exhibition opportunities to as many Manitoba-based artists as possible, keeping in mind artists who have traditionally been excluded from gallery spaces: including but not limited to people of marginalized genders, racialized artists, and disabled artists. Additionally, we are interested in receiving submissions from a wide range of collaborative models; if you are part of an artistic duo, or have a group proposal in mind, please feel emboldened to send us your ideas. Our minds are wide open, and we want to make space for new ways of supporting artists in exhibiting work.
Selections for the Regular Program are made by a jury consisting of Winnipeg-based artists/curators/critics, ace staff and board. The ace jury reviews submissions within the context of aceartinc.’s mandate, available resources, and artistic merit. aceartinc. will pay CARFAC exhibition fees to artists; travel and accommodation, one-way shipping and per-diems will also be provided. A writer is commissioned by aceartinc. to write a response to the Regular Program exhibitions via the Critical Distance writing program. Get a sense of aceartinc. by visiting our website and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, website). To see a floor plan of our Main Gallery visit https://aceart.org/facilities
Please call (204) 944-9763, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require other assistance regarding your submission.
Our preference is for applications to be submitted via our application Jotform. However, if you have access needs that can be met by alternative methods of application, such as by paper application package, USB stick, or video, we are happy to receive them, as long as all submission criteria are met.
We will only exhibit work that has not previously been shown in a solo exhibition in Winnipeg.
Please fill out the required fields of the contact information section on the Jotform, or include the following information in your alternative application package: Full name, mailing address, email address, phone number.
Please upload one PDF with your full name as the file name. This single PDF document must be smaller than 5 MB in size and should consist of:
- Artist and/or curatorial statement (1 page max)
- Project proposal (1 page max)
- Current CV (3 pages max)
- Install schedule and/or equipment list with itemization of special technical needs (if applicable, 1 page max)
- An image list (1 page max): list images in the same order that they appear in the Support Material section of your PDF. Number the items and include the title of the work, medium, dimensions and date. For video, sound and other time-based work, please include the duration of the work instead of dimensions. For example: 1. Title of work-Medium-Dimensions/Duration-year
- Technical Requirements. Please provide all information relevant to the installation and striking of your proposed exhibition.
- Support Material
Your support material can include a combination of the following:
- images of past work
- images of work in development
- images of up to 2 pieces of writing such as essays and reviews
- links to video or audio on web streaming platforms such as VUCAVA, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc. Please include a password if necessary.
You may submit:
- up to 10 images
- OR up to 10 images and 5 min. of video/audio
- OR up to 10 min. of video/audio
In order to ensure your final PDF does not exceed the file size limit, individual images must be no more than 72dpi, 1024 x 768 pixel, 500 KB.
Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will not be included in the selection process.
Application deadline December 9th 2022.
Applicants will be informed of their submission’s status no later than January 15th 2023.
If you have questions about this process, or require accommodation in submitting your application, please email email@example.com, or call us at 204-944-9763.